This hike takes us along two narrow canyons: the Coral Creek Canyon and the Cline River Canyon. We take our time walking along them to enjoy the views and surrounding mountains.
This is a moderate hike with some short steep sections along the way. The hike is approximately 8 km long with an elevation gain of 350 metres.
- You’ll find the information shared with guests here: nordeggadventures.ca/tours/summer/guided-hikes/coral-creek-canyon.
- The trail guide is available here: explorenordegg.ca/guide/see-do/summer-adventures/hiking/coral-creek-canyon.
- The pay rate for this tour is 6.5 hours per tour and the mileage is 100 km per day.
This hike appeals most to curious adventurers who are relatively new to hiking but who appreciate getting away from the crowds. They are looking for an opportunity to connect with the area and slow down in a more quiet area of Abraham Lake.
We’ll be updating this section once the stories are completed.
This hike is about peering into the depths of 2 canyons combined with tranquil forests and distant mountain views.
- The story of Michael Klyne, from Jasper, using the Cline River Valley to trade with the First Nations in Kootenay Plains.
- Geology of how canyons are formed and what limestone is.
- Lodgepole pine, White spruce, Buffalo berry, Douglas fir
- Local wildlife
The Adventure Stories
- Canyon and cliff safety
We’ll be updating this section once the destination stories are completed.