This course covers the core of the adventure and introduces the elements that need to come together to create a memorable guest experience.
This course is currently being developed.
The content currently available is likely to change in the coming weeks. The modules are available for free as samples as we write them.
This course is an introduction to the building blocks of guided adventures, including a look at:
- the goosebump moment as the purpose of the adventure;
- the importance of the activities we include;
- the supporting moments that amplify the goosebump moment;
- the stories that provide context for the experience;
- the importance of creating a safe environment;
- the logistics that make it happen; and
- how reflection is an essential part of adventure tourism.
It is part of our Adventure Guide Training program and is to be completed prior to the in-person portion of that course to ensure that we are using a common language and starting point.
All of the training is specific to commercial guiding but a lot of the content may be of interest to others who enjoy adventures or who lead outdoor adventures for school groups, hiking clubs or friends.
As part of the Adventure Guide Training Course, we will use the information presented in this course to work through a case study looking at how we use the building blocks as we plan, facilitate and evaluate an adventure.
This session can also be offered on its own. Contact us at email@example.com if you would like to find out more.