Birding Float with Glen Hvenegaard
Join Dr. Glen Hvenegaard, an environmental science professor with the University of Alberta, for a birding themed float on the upper North Saskatchewan River.
Glen teaches courses on parks, wildlife, and environmental education. He has studied birds and ecotourism in France, Australia, Thailand, USA, and Canada. He currently studies the migration and dispersal of purple martins and the nesting ecology of Least Flycatchers. He coordinates the Camrose Christmas Bird Count and conducts an annual Breeding Bird Survey. He loves sharing his passion for birds.
- This tour is provided by Nordegg Adventures.
- We will meet at the Nordegg Canteen at 2:00 PM (returning around 10:00 PM).
- Transportation and riverside supper provided.
- We will float down one of the most dramatic sections of the North Saskatchewan River, starting in the Thompson Creek area. Your guide takes care of the rowing so that you can sit back and enjoy the scenery.
- Please bring clothes for the weather that day (a sweater, hat, warm jacket for the evening).
- If you have a pair of binoculars, please bring them. We will lend out a small number of binoculars and bird field guides.
Reserve Your Spot