Community Days: Explore Ice Canyons with Girth Hitch Guiding
Explore the amazing sport of ice climbing while travelling through a hidden canyon.
You will get a taste of ice climbing, and plenty of time to take in the beauty of the canyon. Your guide will teach you how to use the equipment, stay safe, and climb ice!
This tour is provided by Girth Hitch Guiding.
- No experience required
- Ages: 12 and up
- Fitness Level: Reasonable fitness (ability to climb a ladder, go for a short run or hike)
- You will meet your guide and get your equipment at the Nordegg Canteen. From there we will travel to our climbing site.
- All technical equipment included (boots, crampons, harnesses, axes, helmet).
- Wear winter clothing and lots of layers (what you would wear to the ski hill).
- Please arrive with lunch, water, a full tank of gas, and be ready to adventure.
Reserve Your Spot
Community Days tours like this one are open to all residents of the Bighorn, Cline River and Nordegg communities. A photo ID with a local address, proof of employment and or a utility bill may be required when you check in for your tour.
The locals discount will be applied at check-out when you book your tour, no code is required. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.