Saturday, July 15, 2023 @ 9:45 am - 3:00 pm
Guided Day Hike to Coral Creek Canyon with Coaching with Lucinda
This event has passed.
This is a family friendly guided hike! Coral Creek is just off Highway 11 west of Nordegg.
- The trail is 8.9km round trip with some elevation gain (rolling hills). There are sweeping mountain views, canyons and waterfalls. This hike has it ALL! This is an adventurous beginner hike. The rating of 4 is due to it being varied terrain and a longer hike. There are no big climbs on this hike.
- Meet at trail head at 9:45 am, maps and all details will be sent to those registered one week before.
- Kids and dogs are welcome on this hike!
- Please note that you must have sturdy footwear and we recommend dressing in layers to adapt to constant weather changes.
- An experienced guide.
- A detailed supply list, information about the trail and history of the area.
- Your guide will also bring bear safety information, bear spray and first aid kit.
- Your hiking guide’s priority is having a safe, fun and informative tour that connects you more to where you are visiting. Hiking time is between 4-6 hours which includes lots of time for lunch and photos. Please note that you must have sturdy footwear and we recommend dressing in layers to adapt to constant weather changes. ! A full gear list will be supplied to all hikers 7-10 days prior to the event
- Please be sure to provide a email address and correct phone number so I can stay in touch. All details with items to pack, a map to the trail head and more will be provided in an email 7-10 days before the hike.
- Refund Policy: Refunds or exchanges for hikes will only be issued if requested up to 14 days prior to the purchased hike date. Refunds or exchanges will not be issued if requested after this timeframe.eather – we do not cancel for weather unless it makes the trail unsafe. Plan for all weather. (There are some exceptions in the winter)
- Emergency Policy: It is our policy to have emergency and medical information on each hiker that is logged with a check in person . Each hiker must ensure that all their medical information and emergency contact information is correct and up to date for each hike.
- General Information For All Events: You will be with a certified guide.All parks regulations will be followed including leave no trace principals.Trails are subject to change, if closed.Your guide has done the trail before and knows the way.
Plan Your Visit
The best spots to check out the famous Abraham Lake ice bubbles. Where to go, what to expect and how to make the most of your day.
The ice bubbles are the draw. The canyons, wildlife and snow-covered trees will keep you coming back over and over again.
Your basecamp to explore the region. Make the most of your adventure by staying closer to the trails, lakes and places we love.
Discover the magic of frozen waterfalls and winter sights in Alberta's winter wonderland.
Immerse yourself into our frozen wonderland as you make your way up icefalls and frozen waterfalls this winter.
Whether it's a lunch for the trail or a treat to celebrate your adventure, we've got you covered.
Winter is magical in the Nordegg and Abraham Lake region. Grab a pair of snowshoes or ice cleats and head out for an adventure.