Friday, February 17, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 4:30 pm
Frozen Wonderland: Explore Ice Canyons with Girth Hitch Guiding
This event has passed.
Explore the amazing sport of ice climbing while travelling through a hidden canyon.
You will get a taste of ice climbing, and plenty of time to take in the beauty of the canyon. Your guide will teach you how to use the equipment, stay safe, and climb ice!
This tour is provided by Girth Hitch Guiding.
- No experience required
- Ages: 12 and up
- Fitness Level: Reasonable fitness (ability to climb a ladder, go for a short run or hike)
- You will meet your guide and get your equipment at the Nordegg Canteen. From there we will travel to our climbing site.
- All technical equipment included (boots, crampons, harnesses, axes, helmet).
- Wear winter clothing and lots of layers (what you would wear to the ski hill).
- Please arrive with lunch, water, a full tank of gas, and be ready to adventure.
Plan Your Visit
The natural beauty of our region draws in a number of artists, from painting with soil pigments to photographers and nature-inspired crafts.
Your basecamp to explore the region. Make the most of your adventure by staying closer to the trails, lakes and places we love.
Spend a night under the stars. Camping is the perfect way to slow down and explore the region during the summer months.
Take a break on your next adventure to explore Central Alberta's day use and picnic areas. Bring a lunch with your or plan a campfire cookout.
Find trail guides and guided adventures to get hiking in the Nordegg and Abraham Lake Region, between Central Alberta and the Mountain Parks.
Get on the water this summer, whether you’re looking for the excitement of chasing rapids or to slow down to enjoy the views you just can’t get otherwise.
Whether it's a lunch for the trail or a treat to celebrate your adventure, we've got you covered.