Trailblazing Women – A guided backpacking adventure with Coaching with Lucinda
Whether you’re an experienced backpacker or new to the game, you’re in luck! We’ve got you covered for your dream of a rugged, overnight backpacking trip. Join a group of adventurous and fearless women and by the time you return to the trailhead, they will be your closest friends. This is what happens when bold women explore together, regardless of whether it’s your first or umpteenth backpacking trip. Our trips are designed for anyone excited about adventure and hiking to a backcountry campsite.
- The hike in is 7km to our rustic campsite. This area is just stunning in the fall. This is a small group, it leaves time for hands-on help from your guide. You will learn some skills, connect with some fantastic ladies, have some fun and leave feeling empowered and refreshed! The camping location has no facilities and NO cell service. This event leaves lots of free time for quiet reflection, connection with others and rest.
- *You will be required to buy a Public land camping permit – You will be required to carry this with you.*
- A training video will be provided to all registered to answer any questions about backpacking
- Experienced guide, packing list and help, first aid.
- All training included.
- A seminar before we go, so you know what and how to pack and what to expect.
- Once you are registered you get access to that online event and packing list. Assistance through every step of the process. I have lightweight, tents, stoves, and sleeping bags( rated for summer), air mattresses, shared bear bags for your use- This gear is included.
- Participants must provide: Personal Gear, a sleeping bag liner or winter-rated sleeping bag suggested, Food. Transportation to the trailhead. There will be gear you can rent but some items may need to be bought/ rented or borrowed. We STRONGLY recommend lightweight backpacking gear. (Your guide will reach out to confirm the gear you need to borrow)
Backpacking online seminar – This is a pre-recorded seminar that will be sent to you before we go. I ask that you review it fully.
- Meet at trailhead.. (8:30 if you are renting gear and need to pack it)
- 7 km hike into our camp spot. Lunch on the trail. There is no “formal” campground a 2 locations that would work for our group.
- Camp set up- Learning about where and how to set up tents/ sleeping set up.
- Exploring the area.
- Learning about water filtration, Bear bag set up. Leave no trace principals.
- Supper- Camp stoves and re-hydrating food hands on!
- Relaxation, enjoying the company and a fire!! Feel free to bring a beverage of your choice.
- Coffee, breakfast and pack up camp.
- Yoga/ by the river.
- We will cover leave no trace principals and hike back out to the trailhead. Enjoying the journey along the way.