Monday, July 17, 2023 @ 9:30 am - 1:30 pm
Guided Day Hike to Whitegoat Falls with Coaching with Lucinda
This event has passed.
- This is a short beginner hike! Just off Highway 11 west of Nordegg – Parking at the transfer station parking lot.
- It is a short climb and then descent to a canyon to find this waterfall. When water is low it comes and goes so we are definitely chasing waterfalls. A simply gorgeous setting for a snack by the creek. This is the perfect family outing or for adventurous beginners. Your guide will be there the whole way to offer a helping hand.
- Please note that you must have sturdy footwear . We are on a rocky uneven surface some of the way and we recommend dressing in layers to adapt to constant weather changes. A full gear list will be supplied.
- Please be sure to provide a email address and correct phone number so I can stay in touch. All details with items to pack, carpooling and more will be provided in an email 7-10 days before the hike.
- An experienced guide.
- A detailed supply list, information about the trail and history of the area.
- Your guide will also bring bear safety information, bear spray and first aid kit.Your hiking guide’s priority is having a safe, fun and informative tour that connects you more to where you are visiting.
- Hiking time is between 4-6 hours which includes lots of time for our wine and cheese and photos. Please note that you must have sturdy footwear and we recommend dressing in layers to adapt to constant weather changes.
- A full gear list will be supplied to all hikers 7-10 days prior to the event.
- Please be sure to provide a email address and correct phone number so I can stay in touch.
- Refund Policy: Refunds or exchanges for hikes will only be issued if requested up to 14 days prior to the purchased hike date. Refunds or exchanges will not be issued if requested after this timeframe.
- Emergency Policy: It is our policy to have emergency and medical information on each hiker that is logged with a check in person . Each hiker must ensure that all their medical information and emergency contact information is correct and up to date for each hike.
- General Information For All Events: You will be with a certified guide.All parks regulations will be followed including leave no trace principals.Trails are subject to change, if closed.Your guide has done the trail before and knows the way
Plan Your Visit
The natural beauty of our region draws in a number of artists, from painting with soil pigments to photographers and nature-inspired crafts.
Your basecamp to explore the region. Make the most of your adventure by staying closer to the trails, lakes and places we love.
Spend a night under the stars. Camping is the perfect way to slow down and explore the region during the summer months.
Take a break on your next adventure to explore Central Alberta's day use and picnic areas. Bring a lunch with your or plan a campfire cookout.
Find trail guides and guided adventures to get hiking in the Nordegg and Abraham Lake Region, between Central Alberta and the Mountain Parks.
Get on the water this summer, whether you’re looking for the excitement of chasing rapids or to slow down to enjoy the views you just can’t get otherwise.
Whether it's a lunch for the trail or a treat to celebrate your adventure, we've got you covered.