RUSTIC CAMPING CLOSE TO NORDEGG
A good option if you are looking for a small, quiet campground with access to outdoor adventures.
Beaverdam Campground is located in Beaverdam Provincial Recreation Area about 5 km east of Nordegg on Hwy 11. This small, quiet campground is a good base for canoeing, kayaking and paddleboarding, or you can head downstream to find a good fishing hole. Eagle Ridge Trailhead is just a short walk away and you can hop on your bike and head west on the Rail Trail to Nordegg, or east to Saunders.
The campground has 11 sites, all available on a first come, first served basis. The very basic amenities include pit toilets and fire pits.
At a Glance
- Season: May to October
- Number of sites: 11 unserviced sites
- Amenities: Fire pits, pit toilets, pier
- Reservations: First Come First Served
- Website: albertaparks.ca
Getting there: The campground is located in Beaverdam Provincial Recreation Area about 5 km east of Nordegg on Hwy 11.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing sites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild. Always use bear-proof garbage bins.
- While alcohol is now permitted in some Alberta Parks day-use areas, none of those are in our region. Alcohol is only allowed at registered campsites.
- Be mindful of your neighbours and other visitors, including keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Remember that cell service is limited. We recommend carrying a satellite communicator, like a Zoleo, on your adventures.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.
Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.