One of the most scenic campground
A great basecamp to explore the western parts of David Thompson Country with lots of hiking trails nearby.
Every site offers great views of the mountains and sites are well spaced, providing privacy for your group adventure. Dry toilets, firewood and a water pump (no potable water) are available at most sites. Some of the sites are more popular than others, especially those with kitchen shelters.
The 8 sites can accommodate from 7 to 30 units each and 4 of those sites include a kitchen shelter, making it an ideal spot for groups of all size.
This campground might be close to the national parks and the popular Icefields Parkway but it still has a remote feel to it. While campgrounds in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park book early, you can still make reservations here for a group in the middle of the season.
Check with Alberta Parks for the latest information about this campground.
- Season: May to October
- Site Fees: $215 per night for the first 5 units. $28 per additional unit. $12 reservation fee per stay.
- Number of Sites: 8 unserviced group sites (7 to 30 units per site)
- Congestion: Minimal
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Washroom: Dry toilets
- Water: Not potable
- Firewood: Not included and not available on site.
- Kitchen Shelter: Yes on sites 1, 4, 5 & 7
- Playground: No
- Getting There: Cavalcade Group Campground is located on Highway 11 approximately 28 km east of Saskatchewan River Crossing and 65 km west of Nordegg.
- Management: Alberta Parks
- Protection Status: Kootenay Plains Provincial Recreation Area
- Campground Operator: Westward Bound Campgrounds
- Campground Host: Operator located at Two O’Creek Campground
- Day Use Pass Required: No
- Reservations: Required
- Check-in: 4 pm
- Check-out: 2 pm
- Dogs Allowed: Yes on leash
- Cell Reception: None