One of the most scenic campground
A great basecamp to explore the western parts of the region with lots of hiking trails nearby.
Every site offers great views of the mountains and sites are well spaced, providing privacy for your group adventure. Dry toilets and a water pump (no potable water) are available at most sites. Some of the sites are more popular than others, especially those with kitchen shelters.
The 8 sites can accommodate from 7 to 30 units each and 4 of those sites include a kitchen shelter, making it an ideal spot for groups of all sizes.
This campground might be close to the national parks and the popular Icefields Parkway but it still has a remote feel to it. While campgrounds in Banff National Park and Jasper National Park book early, you can still make reservations here for a group in the middle of the season.
At a Glance
- Season: May to October
- Number of sites: 8 unserviced group sites (7 to 30 units per site)
- Amenities: Picnic tables, kitchen shelters, fire pits, toilets, garbage bins, firewood for sale
- Campground host: at Two O’Clock Creek Campground
- Reservations: Required
- Website: albertaparks.ca
Getting there: Cavalcade Group Campground is located on Highway 11 approximately 28 km east of Saskatchewan River Crossing and 65 km west of Nordegg.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing campsites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild.
- Keep a quiet site and be mindful of your neighbours.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.