PRIVATE CAMPING CLOSE TO NORDEGG
Snow Creek Group Campground provides a secluded camping experience close to Nordegg & Abraham Lake.
This group campground is conveniently located close to Nordegg and Abraham Lake. With only one site, it offers a private camping experience to groups of up to 20 units.
A small creek runs through the edge of the campground and provides welcome relief from the summer heat. Undeveloped ATV and mountain biking trails can be found in the area.
The group camp is open as a Day Use in the winter, providing access to snowshoeing and cross country skiing opportunities.
At a Glance
- Season: May to October
- Number of sites: 1 unserviced site, accommodates up to 20 units
- Amenities: Picnic tables, fire pits, toilets, garbage bins, water pump, kitchen shelter
- Campground host: No
- Reservations: Required
- Website: albertaparks.ca
Getting there: The campground is located 17 km west of Nordegg along highway 11.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing sites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild. Always use bear-proof garbage bins.
- While alcohol is now permitted in some Alberta Parks day-use areas, none of those are in our region. Alcohol is only allowed at registered campsites.
- Be mindful of your neighbours and other visitors, including keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Remember that cell service is limited. We recommend carrying a satellite communicator, like a Zoleo, on your adventures.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.
Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.