The perfect basecamp to explore the east end of the region
A quiet campground close to the trails and the Nordegg townsite.
The campground is on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision, yet offers nicely treed sites in a quiet setting. It’s a great option if you’re planning to explore the area, enjoy some of the nearby hikes (Baldy, Coliseum Mountain and Eagle Mountain are all nearby), learn about the local history on one of the mine tour or just to relax by the campfire.
At a Glance
- Season: May to September
- Number of sites: 33 unserviced
- Amenities: Picnic tables, fire pits, toilets, garbage bins, firewood for sale
- Campground host: Yes
- Reservations: Recommended
- Website: uppershundacampground.ca
Getting there: The campground is located on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision. From highway 11, follow Shunda Creek Road for a short distance. Access to the campground is well signed.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing campsites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild.
- Keep a quiet site and be mindful of your neighbours.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.