Camp right in Nordegg
A quiet campground close to the trails and the townsite, the perfect basecamp to explore the east end of the region.
The campground is on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision, yet offers nicely treed sites in a quiet setting. It’s a great option if you’re planning to explore the area, enjoy some of the nearby hikes (Baldy, Coliseum Mountain and Eagle Mountain are all nearby), learn about the local history on one of the mine tour or just to relax by the campfire.
Check with Upper Shunda Creek Campground for the latest information about this campground.
- Season: May to October
- Site Fees: $22 per night per unit ($25 weekends)
- Number of Sites: 33 unserviced sites
- Congestion: Busy on weekends
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Washroom: Dry toilets
- Water: Hand pump
- Firewood: Not included. Available on-site.
- Kitchen Shelter: No
- Playground: No
- Getting There: The campground is located on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision. From highway 11, follow Shunda Creek Road for a short distance. Access to the campground is well signed.