Enjoying a family camping weekend at Upper Shunda Creek Campground
Camp right in Nordegg
Based on a stay on August 30-31, 2015.
A quiet campground close to the trails and pie at Miner’s Cafe…
The campground is on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision, yet offers nicely treed sites in a quiet setting. It’s a great option if you’re planning to explore the area, enjoy some of the nearby hikes (Baldy, Coliseum Mountain and Eagle Mountain are all nearby), learn about the local history on one of the mine tour or just to relax by the campfire.
The tall trees make for a cozy atmosphere
Plan Your Adventure
The information below is based on our stay on August 30-31, 2015.
- Activity: Camping
- Season: May – September 30
- Site Fees: $22 per night for up to 3 adults, $3 per extra adult.
- Number of Sites: 28 unserviced sites
- Congestion: Minimal
- Picnic Tables: Yes
- Washroom: Dry toilets
- Water: Not potable
- Firewood: Not included. Available for purchase.
- Kitchen Shelter: No
- Playground: No
- Getting There: The campground is located on the edge of the North Nordegg subdivision. From highway 11, follow Shunda Creek Road for a short distance. Access to the campground is well signed.
Contact Pursuit Adventures to start planning a custom adventure that includes a stay at this campground.
- Campground Operator: The Latter Family
- Campground Host: On site
- Reservations: Available but not required. Contact the campground directly at (403) 844-1293 or by email at email@example.com.
- Dogs Allowed: Yes on leash
- Cell Reception: Yes
Find Your Adventure
Take the time to explore the region while staying here. You’ll find trails, heli tours and more nearby.
- For your safety and the protection of the area please follow signs, stay on the trail and respect all trail closures
- Be respectful of wildlife and familiarize yourself with wildlife safety techniques including keeping your pet on a leash and keeping your group together.
- Always use the bear proof garbage bin, keep a clean site and store your food in a bear safe fashion.
- Always be prepared when travelling outdoors.
- This area has cell phone reception.
- Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.
There are inherent risks in outdoor activities. Although we strive to provide accurate information and to alert you of potential dangers, trail conditions may change quickly due to weather conditions and other factors. Using the information provided on this site is entirely at your own risk and Pursuit Adventures is in no ways liable for any injuries or other damages that may be sustained by anyone using the trails or information described on this site.
Have you been to this campground? Let us know about your adventure in the comments below.