Get inspired by autumn's beauty
Fall is an amazing time to explore the region with amazing sunrises, bright yellow aspen trees, snow-covered peaks and turquoise waters.
The natural beauty of our region draws in a number of artists, from painting with soil pigments to photographers and nature-inspired crafts.
Stop by the Beehive Artisans Market or the Craft Shack at Expanse Cottages to pick up a piece to bring home or create your own with Nordegg Adventures and Rendered Earth Studio.
All tours and activities bookings are handled by Explore Nordegg & Abraham Lake and tours like these are offered by local partners. Most bookings require a minimum of 2 days' notice, contact us for last-minute options.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing sites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild. Always use bear-proof garbage bins.
- While alcohol is now permitted in some Alberta Parks day-use areas, none of those are in our region. Alcohol is only allowed at registered campsites.
- Be mindful of your neighbours and other visitors, including keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Remember that cell service is limited. We recommend carrying a satellite communicator, like a Zoleo, on your adventures.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.
Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.
Studios, Shops and Adventures
Beehive Artisans Market
A family-owned eclectic artisans market in Nordegg that offers products ranging from farm-fresh vegetables to various beautifully crafted goods by local artists.
Rendered Earth Studio
Local artist Crystalynn Tarr, owner of Rendered Earth Studio, creates her own paint from soil and rock pigments.
The studio is located in the basement of the Nordegg Community Church, one of the last historical buildings left in the hamlet of Nordegg. You'll also find her art at the Beehive Artisans Market.
The Craft Shack & ROADHOUSE arts
Local artist Jennifer Harnett has a diverse range of arts and crafts now available at her Craft Shack located at Expanse Cottages.
Capture the region’s natural beauty as you explore with a local artist or on a photo tour with guides who know the best locations in the region.
Learn to make some willow charcoals, draw the surrounding landscape or how to paint using rock pigments as you enjoy the mountains, waterfalls and canyons of the region.