Take the Time to Slow Down for a Picnic
Create some cherished memories while spending time with friends and family.
Take a break on your next adventure or head out for a few hours and explore the region’s many day-use areas.
You’ll find day use and picnic areas throughout the region, from official provincial recreation areas to informal lakeshore and riverside spots on public lands.
Pack your own lunch, enjoy a campfire cookout or grab a picnic lunch from the Miners Cafe or the Nordegg Canteen to bring with you.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing sites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild.
- While alcohol is now permitted in some Alberta Parks day use areas, none of those are in our region. Alcohol is only allowed at registered campsites.
- Keep a quiet site and be mindful of your neighbours.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.