Explore the Region's Trails
From narrow canyons to waterfalls, mountains to foothills, the Nordegg region has some of the best hikes around.
Explore the quieter side of the foothills and the Rocky Mountains. Featuring spectacular waterfalls, jagged peaks, remote alpine meadows carpeted in wildflowers and glacier-fed lakes without the crowds.
Explore a family-friendly hike like Whitegoat Falls or Siffleur Falls, get a workout with great views on Vision Quest or simply go out for a forest stroll in Shunda Meadows. Either way, we know you'll find your adventure here.
Head Out With A Guide
Make the most of your adventure and head out with a guide. Nordegg Adventures offers half-day and full-day guided hikes throughout the region from April to November.
We all have our part to do to keep this place special. Planning ahead is key to ensuring that we all continue to enjoy adventures in the Nordegg & Abraham Lake region. These are a few of the things you can do to help:
- Minimize your impact by using existing sites, fire rings and toilets instead of creating your own.
- Know about current fire bans, make sure that your fire is completely out before you go and buy firewood instead of cutting down trees. Remember that shooting fireworks is not allowed in the region.
- Keep your site clean and your food stored inside your vehicle to help keep our wildlife wild. Always use bear-proof garbage bins.
- While alcohol is now permitted in some Alberta Parks day-use areas, none of those are in our region. Alcohol is only allowed at registered campsites.
- Be mindful of your neighbours and other visitors, including keeping noise to a minimum.
- Be prepared for adventures in a remote area. Explore within your skills to reduce the strain on our volunteer search and rescue team.
- Remember that cell service is limited. We recommend carrying a satellite communicator, like a Zoleo, on your adventures.
- Support local businesses and communities in Cline River, the Bighorn and Nordegg.
Information provided here may be inaccurate or outdated. Always make sure to obtain current information before going on your adventure.